Friday, August 28, 2009

lotsa stuff happened!

On july 24th last year i was placed in Larsen and Toubro, an engineering giant in india, through college placement. it was one of the best moments of my life when i was informed of my placement as a graduate engineer in L&T.

Sadly, along came the recession and and out went my precious job. we got dumped with unceremonious deferment letters from the company in january, thus crashing all our dreams of a career.
at the time, i was also placed in infosys, a reputed IT company and was due to start training in december this year. with the recession riding high, i prepared myself mentally to let go of larsen and toubro and began to accept that despite being an electrical engineer, i would be typing code at the end of the day.

but life has its own ways of taking you by sweet surprise. day before yesterday, i got a call from L&T informing me that my deferment was now being undeferred. (sorry, my english fails me when i need it the most). basically, i got my job back!

whopee!

so over the past two days, i was busy collecting my appointment letter and getting sundry documents ready for joining the company.

so thats one good news.
thats actually one great news!

but all said and done, i experienced a very mild form of the recession. so i really have no right to complain.

there are people having years of experience who got kicked out of their jobs for no fault of theirs. these are people who have mouths to feed and children to send to school. almost everyday, my father gets a call from some such affected person asking for any opportunities that might have arisen. and invariably, my father has a tough time answering them.

i guess i should thank god. i'm really lucky to be where i am right now in life. i got more opportunities and comforts than half the kids in the country. i got a shot at choosing my destiny.

i really am blessed.

also a few dance shows got scheduled so thats great news!
now i just hope my boss at lunch and tea is kind enough to grant me leave when i need it for dance. i dont care if he asks me to work new years eve instead.

and someone told me i should consider using proper punctuation and stuff when i write.
Mr. Someone, I tried in the first paragraph, but it took an awfully long time. Will keep trying though.

i also had an interesting discussion with someone about soulmates.
paulo coelho, who is one of my favourite authors has written a book called brida, which puts forth a very believable concept regarding soulmates.

i really have no theory about soulmates and dont really know what to believe, but i hope that when the moment comes when i meet my soulmate, i'll know its him and i hope i'll have the courage to acknowledge it.

though right now i really dont, i hope i'll believe in true love someday and be lucky enough to experience it.

till the next post then,
this is the average girl.

2 comments:

  1. Till your next post, this is the below average guy reading your stuff.

    I even format my comments right, typing is something you'll have to learn, it'll be useful even when you're having lunch and tea.

    and what about soulmates? i once read something about that in the Times Life! supplement but sadly i'm not too much into this relationship thing, unless something happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. even if you forget your punctuation and don't run a spell check never forget the capital G in God. even if i don't believe all the time, this is one place where i don't compromise.

    ReplyDelete